Monday 3 October 2011

Testing, testing... Green People's Children's Bath and Shower Citrus and Aloe Vera

I tried Green People's products before (see here), and was delighted to be able to test a gorgeously smelling wash called Children's Bath & Shower Citrus & Aloe Vera. The  200ml tube retails at £7.75, which is more expensive than your usual supermarket bath/shower wash, but again, as with other Green People products, a little will go a long way. 

The fragrance is irresistibly zesty, containing essences of ylang ylang and mandarin, and the composition is free from nasty chemicals that tend to irritate delicate children's skin (SLS/SLES, Parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrances...)

As your child transition from toddlerhood to preschool and then school, you might well think that they have outgrown baby products. However, I find that my daughter's skin is still sensitive and some 'grown-up' products do cause rashes. Of course, if a child is prone to eczema or psoriasis, you have to be careful when choosing any product that gets in contact with their skin - pure, organic products are then the best choice. Another thing to bear in mind is that the Children's Bath & Shower Citrus & Aloe Vera is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.

Personally I'm not a loyal brand buyer so I either buy a baby wash (a bit bland and my daughter is starting to dislike products aimed at babies), a really mild family bath/shower product or opt for an organic option. To be honest, I buy products according to promotions - cost for me is an issue, but it doesn't mean I'd buy a brand I don't trust qualitywise just because it's cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment